Rubber floor in kitchen.. anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been looking at the rubber stud flooring for kitchen and bathrooms and wondered if anyone else has used it, would like some general impressions?

Can get a 2.2m x 10m roll for £300 which would do kitchen, bathroom and downstairs loo, or go with the locking tiles for the kitchen, which may be easier to fit.

Weve had vinyl down for years and fancy a change, and will be putting laminate down elsewhere, so it owuld make a nice contrast, and also be practical.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I used rubber floor (smooth) in my kitchen, bathroom and toilet and love it. Just be sure that the subfloor is perfectly smooth. Any joints between sheets of chipboard/plywood flooring will be visible through the rubber unless you fill and sand them.

Don't fill the joints with sand. Use feather finish screed.
Rubber looks great. The rubber tiles are easier to fit

We have concrete floor in kitchen and downstairs loo, currently with a vinyl flooring.. from what I remember the floor was fairly smooth, or maybe I should lay over the vinyl?

Sponsored Links
You cannot lay over the vinyl!

If the vinyl was loose laid, and the floors were previously correctly prepared, you can fit to the existing floor.

You can know buy Sheet Vinyl that mimicks the knobbly rubber flooring look, it will be simpler and cheaper to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back