rubber instead of felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in the process of building a 6mx3m exstension and its getting a warm flat roof. was wondering how much a rubber roof would cost . it seems the way to go looking at the forum chat.

Sponsored Links
I'm just about to start and ordered stuff from rubba seal.
for 16m2 came to about £350

You'll need to get your own material prices, but don't forget the edge and gutter trims and flashings etc

take it you have to fit it urself stuart. that dosent seem that bad actualy.wonder how much the three layer system would cost. thanks stu and good luck m8

Sponsored Links
not realy looking at doing the felt or rubber stu, will leave that to the pros and its something that is important to get right, couldnt bare the ball and chain moaning if it leaked after i attempted it.so you would go for the felt stu. thought this rubber had a longer life. wot would the 3 layer system cost on a new build stu

For a DIY man rubber is probably ideal. It's easy to do and quick.
But for a pro roofer it doesn't give a pro finish.

Bullcrap. Your obviously either crap at installing or dont install it. Nice flat smooth finish with attractive "equal" trims. It's definately a pro finish if your a pro roofer.

Each to his own. You won't catch me putting a bikes inner tube on my roof.
Imagine if you got a leak. You would have to get a washing up bowl full of water on the roof and your dad with a foot pump
:LOL:

would you recommend the rubber roof woody. our you a roofer. :D :?:

Yes I'd recommend it for pro or DIY. For DIY you wont get a better, easier, longer lasting, less likely to leak solution. I tend to specify it now for my jobs instead of traditional felt if I can

I've used www.permaroof.co.uk for the gear. There are guides on their site too or on Youtube

be nice woody, believe me it would leak if i done it. just believe its a part of a project that has to be done right :cool:

It's one big sheet, with no joints. It really would be very hard for it to leak

Joe public throws everything onto their roofs. They store their ladders ontop of the garage. The window fitters drop screws,the window cleaner climbs all over it, the cat,the sky man with his cable clips, so yes rubber can leak, so anybody who says otherwise obviously has only just started on the ladder of roofing.rubber is ok but it's the issues of skylights,flue pipes etc

There's no issues with skylights at all. You use something called form flash. It's a bit more advanced than a bike inner tube, chemicals are added to harden the product from the elements. Also if a customer wants to put a ladder or work over an EPDM roof that's fine. There's no issue there at all. As woody said it's one piece. Felt has how many joins? ... :rolleyes: ... Have faith in yourself renne68, this is what this forum is about. If you get stuck just ask :)

Sorry just read the post again above. "Cats" lol sorry but when did cats evolve the use of stanley knives in their daily activity. Your surely not suggesting their claws can penetrate an EPDM membrane. Surely not.
:p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back