Rubber pipe bungs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I watched a youtube video of a plumber bunging up the outlet pipe in an f&e tank to do some work on the system. It was a tapered one. Where can you get them from, I have searched the web so far without success. Also I have to clean out the tank (again) as it keeps getting a gungy slimy film on the surface and tank sides. I was going to use the Fernox F7 biocide, hell of a price. As the tank refills do I just add it to the water? Is there any cheaper alternative, I saw somewhere that you could add a couple of tablespoons of bleach to the water. Is this true, alot cheaper than £27 for the F7.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Seems bacterial growth in systems is sometimes aggravated by anti corrosion additives so you add biocide to sort that problem a bit like the old lady that swallowed the fly! Two spoons of bleach will do nothing because over time the water from the tank gets diluted by the system water. I would avoid the "you tube" solutions like fairy liquid in the tank to stop noise or any other household chemicals, they can attack rubber seals etc in the boiler. If you want to use a chemical go with proper stuff. Worth draining and flushing the system, by all means use a bleach solution to wipe out the tank then refill with fresh chemicals if you wish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back