rubber seals round boiler vent thing

Nicko, I think you are now entering a CORGI no-go area where they take a very different view of gas safety from the rest of us!

I left a condensate pipe temporarily filling a bucket as many installers do to enable the customer to have heating and hot water pending the finishing off of an installation.

A CORGI inspector became involved and declared this to be "At Risk"!!! He turned off the boiler! When he left the tenant turned it on again!

At risk of what I would ask??

Tony

Sponsored Links
To Bamber and Nickso, most CORGI Inspectors will not accept a flue which has only been sealed with the rubber gasket!

Worse, most CORGI Inspectors will expect the flue to be sealed on the outside AND the inside!

When I argued with one that it was only necessary for it to be gas tight and weather sealed on the outside, he did retract a little and said that it was "good practice" to seal on both sides.

In my view the rubber gasket has no place outside if properly cemented.

On the inside, I prefer the flue not to be hard sealed and to be finished with a gasket as that makes correcting any flue elbow problem easier.

Tony

Well as I stated earlier, the sexy rubber rings are for cosmetic purposes only, the flue has to be sealed inside at least.

Oh & when was the last time that you fitted a boiler :rolleyes:

Get real Dad. You talk a great installation. ;)

Agile can you explain why a corgi inspector became involved in a job that was in the proces of being installed. If you left condensate into a bucket surely this would only have been overnight,,, so how come a corgi inspector called between you leaving at say 6pm and returning next morning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back