Rubbing down new plaster...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having an extension at the moment, and the builders have started on the plastering. They have advised me that the plasterwork should be rubbed down prior to painting, and as it has started to dry out it isn't as 'clean' as I was expecting - some slight ripples on the ceiling, not sharp around the beading etc.

Should new plasterwork need rubbing down, or is the plasterwork not quite up to scratch? The builders have been otherwise doing a good job, but the plasterwork concerns me slightly. I don't want annoy them if this is what I should be expecting.

Thanks for any advice!

Gus

Sponsored Links
That is total carp. If it's done properly by someone who can actually plaster you will never need to rub it down. They obviously aren’t much good at it & are just making excuses; refuse to accept it.

Spot on Rich these are cowboys the finished plaster should be flat and smooth,never should you need to rub it down.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back