Rumbling and vibrating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a small ground floor flat, Calor gas central heating, immersion heater for water. About 8 weeks ago, I started to experience a rumbling sound and vibrations in the floor. The sound was like a small petrol generator, and the vibrations travelled up my legs. This didn't continually happen and at no specific time. Sometimes it went on for hours, perhaps all afternoon and night, sometimes for 3 or 4 hours. Two Environmental Health officers came out, wasn't happening at that time, several possibilities were discussed and dismissed. The noise and vibrations are inconsistent, sometimes the rumbling is not very loud and the vibrations slight. Other times the rumbling is loud and vibrations strong. My neighbour in the flat above is antisocial, plays short pieces of choruses to songs, adverts, football chants, Christmas carols on short loops. A couple of hours of Hava Nagila, drives me mad, especially in the early hours. I wonder if she has worked out a new ploy to bate me, she likes to wind people up and have a row.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back