run 22 mm pipe off 15mm to connet UFH manifold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to connect my newly built extension UFH manifold to the nearest pipe from the existing main house CH. the nearest feed and return pipes are 15mm and the UFH only take 22mm. so can I run 22 off 15?

Sponsored Links
almost certainly not.

Better to run dedicated 22mms from close to the boiler and as a seperate zone for control purposes.

Thats without knowing anything about your layout, size and heat requirements.

I have seen YouTube videos where they run 22 to the UFH manifold from any where of the existing system and close to the manifold not the boiler . however my extension is one side of the house and the boiler on the other side. running 22 close to the boiler will be a huge challenge, is there a way around it

Sponsored Links
Not if you want independent control (which is best)
looking underneath my boiler, both the flow and return (22) tee junctioned soon after the leave the boiler and 2 pipe (flow and return) go up to feed the FF and the other 2 pipe (flow and return) go down to feed the GF. from where I need to run the 22 so that I an get an independent control?

You need to connect into those 22s, you'll need to put extra zone valves in which will need wiring to the boiler. You might need an ABV as well. Your heating engineer will be able to advise

I am currently have having combi boiler which will be changed to a system boiler ( a boiler with a tank) as I was told this is the most efficient system, better the combi boiler. do I still need zone valves?

thanks, the wire enter I am ordering with my UFH kit will have connection to the wall thermostat, the zone valve, UFH pump and the boiler. the boiler wire terminate at the wire enter from one end (which is close to the manifold). where about dose it terminate on the boiler side, will it connect to the boiler pump or to board?.

You need a cable from boiler to the wiring centre and from the wiring centre to the manifold.

You need a cable from boiler to the wiring centre and from the wiring centre to the manifold.
yes I am aware of that. however, the terminal on the wire center are clearly labeled (boiler). However, on the boiler where about I need to connect the wire. is it to the broad?, is so which terminals ?

The SWL terminal on you boiler, depending on the boiler will depend what that terminal is labelled as.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back