run on underground drainage pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know wot setting I need on my level for a underground drainage pipe? 0.9/1.8?? Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-23-11-18-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-23-11-18-19.png
    801 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_2016-03-23-11-18-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-23-11-18-19.png
    801 KB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
dan smith, god evening.

As I recall we are talking about an old fashioned term "Self Cleansing Velocity" of drains.

I would imagine that there is a load of information on the net on the above??

In general terms the so called fall on a 4 Inch Dia. pipe was taken a 4/1 as far as a 6 inch Dia. pipe was concerned the fall would be simply 6/1

The key information above is that if you search for self Cleansing Velocity

Here is a bit from somewhere?

Most private housing drainage is nominal100mm pipes laid in an even bed of 10mm pea gravel. Pipes should always be laid with an even fall. The standard gradient for 100mm pipes is a fall of 1:80. A gradient of 1:100 can be acceptable on long straight runs. If flows are likely not to exceed 1l/sec then the gradient of a 100mm pipe should increase to 1:40. Some may ask why a pipe with less flow needs a steeper gradient; this is because fluid runs down wet pipes easier than dry pipes and in low flow situations much fluid is used in creating the wetted area on the pipe and hence there can be a tendency for effluent to sit in the pipe. The self-cleansing velocity of a pipe is regarded as 0.7 l/sec.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back