Running a new en suite soil pipe extension to existing stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and need some urgent advice from all you clever guys on here.
I am fitting a new en suite bathroom (toilet, whb and pumped shower) on the 1st floor and wanted to run the 110mm soil pipe outside the house for approx 2.5 mtrs to the corner and then a further .55 mtrs to the existing soil stack. This run would be in the horizontal position with the required fall having 2 x 90 bends, one being at the exit of the WC and the other at the corner of the house. Simple solution I thought.
However I have had a visit from Building Control and they have said this is not possible and that I should run the soil pipe internally above the existing bathroom floor with the use of a Stub stack in the new ensuite. If I do this then I will not be able to connect the whb and shower discharges into it as it will be too high.
On reading the relevant part of "part H" it clearly states that a 110 mm pipe can be run up to 6 mtrs horizontally, so why cant I use my original plan.
Hope this makes sense and advice/solutions can be given that will satisfy BC. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back