Running armoured cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a new large shed and I want to run power to it. Currently I have a feed going into my garage (I assume from the kitchen, garage is not attached. Garage say 3 meters from house, shed 30 meters from garage). I want to check this out properly and ideally run an armoured cable from the main fuse box to the garage into a mini fuse box which will then supply the garage and shed.

A few questions.

1) What size cable 2.5, it will be running lights in both and power but demand will not be great usual stuff lawnmower and other power tools?

2) What depth do you need to sink the cable for safety?

3) Is what i'm thinking of above seem sane, any other suggestions?!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
1) What size cable 2.5, it will be running lights in both and power but demand will not be great usual stuff lawnmower and other power tools?

Thanks, not as simple as I thought. Yes i'm aware of the new regs, to be honest on the basis that the work is done properly (hence seeking advice) not an issue unless you sell the property.

Yes the MCB would be in the garage for the garage power and shed. What do you mean by testing the circuits?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back