Running flex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Just to answer a question at work. I'm installing a texecom premier 88 at work and the fuse spur is 10 meters from the panel. Is it ok to run the 3 core flex (in conduit) at this length.

Texecom say it is ok and they have no limit as long as the is no voltage drop( 230 needed at panel).

Work have told me you cannot run more than a meter long

I'd there any rules in the bs 7671 regarding this.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The one metre ruling probably applies to a length of free flexible cable (eg a kettle lead).
It will not apply to cable inside conduit.

Sponsored Links
Texecom say it is ok and they have no limit as long as the is no voltage drop( 230 needed at panel)
As has been said, there is no problem with flex (provided the flex is adequate in size). However, the above statement from Telexcom is silly - if current is flowing through the cable, the is bound to be some voltage drop. Also, "needing 230V at panel" would be a problem if the supply to your installation was near the permitted minimum (6% below 230V, aka 216.2V)!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back