Running pipe in garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to run a pipe to an outside tap but can't decide the best way to do it. I'm building an extension so I have all the options available such as running a pipe under the floor etc. Every option I've thought of has it's drawback so it feels like there should be another option.

I currently have a 25mm MDPE pipe, which caries rainwater and I want it to go to a new garden tap. It's in a garage that I'm building and there will be a new room between the garage and the garden, so I can't simply drill a hole in the wall. These are the options I've thought of...

1. Run it through the extension in 15mm pipe and drill through the wall. This is the neatest option but somebody could easily drill through the pipe and if there's a leak it would do loads of damage.

2. Run a 63mm twinwall duct under the extension and come up in the garden somewhere. I can then push a pipe though and put a tap on a fence post or wall etc., but how would I stop the duct filling with dirt?

3. Build a small brick pier with the pipe running up inside with pipe insulation and a fitting at the top. This would be excessively large and I'm not sure where I would put it.

I think my real dilemma is how I would terminate the ducting so that dirt (and rodents) doesn't get in but I can still replace the pipe in future?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back