Running water sound in attic but no leaks - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just over the past day or so when my heating goes on there is the sound of running water in the attic. As soon as I switch the heating off it stops!

Only a few weeks ago I had to get the pump replaced on my boiler and I'm not sure if this would be related. I have checked the attic and there is no water running out / leaks but just sounds as if a bath is being run in the attic and can't work out where it is coming from. Any advice would be great or would it be best to contact a plumber?

Sponsored Links
Hi there
Have a look in the small feed and expansion tank when the heating is on.It could just be the tank filling up.
regards
grajam247

It sounds like it's pumping over, could be that your new pump is set too high, try turning it down if it's a three speed one.

Sponsored Links
It does sound like it is 'pumping over'

Water that should just be circulating around the heating circuit is being pumped over through the vent pipe into the feed & expansion tank.
Almost certainly related to the pump replacement, it's speed may be set too high, it could even be pumping in the wrong direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back