RUSSELL HOBBS 12978 STEAM GENERATOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a friend has asked me to look at her iron its not producing any steam , the iron is getting hot but when you press button no steam comes out , i havent got the manual to check the troubleshooting , i was wondering if it needs a new filter , would this stop steam coming through or has anyone any idea what else it could be thanks

Sponsored Links
its very amirable of you, but what makes you think it needs a new filter?

without the proper manual you are fighting in the dark.

I really wish you luck

a new one is only £48.50

i read somewhere you need to change the filter quite often. and dont know if its ever been changed . it isnt sucking water from reservoir thru filter to be heated up . is there some sort of pump that draws the water from the reservoir to the heating element? i have had a look and there seems to be something connected inline to the clear tube that comes from the reservoir . was wondering if this is a pump and isnt working. thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back