Tefal Pro Express Not generating Steam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good AFternoon,

I have a Tefal Pro Express Steam Generator Iron, which doesn't produce much Steam!

The heating tank and front water tank are filled, iron turned on. Steam is generated, and when the steam light turns solid green, a big burst of Steam comes out when the trigger is pressed. Very quickly, it runs out of steam, an no more is produced. Rest light is not lit, but pressing the reset button makes no difference.

Only way to get more steam is to switch the iron off, then back on, wait a few minutes and then we are off again, for about 30 seconds...

Its always been used with softened water so very little if any limescale inside, however i ran through some lime scale remover (filled the inside tank and then added some water), let it boil and steamed the iron a couple of times. Washed it out and then tried iron again. Still the same, so did it with citric acid. Still no joy.

Any ideas? Usual problems are for steam constantly blowing or no steam at all, however I've got something in between!

I've ordered a set of torx security screwdrivers so will be taking the base apart when they arrive, but any tips on what to test/check? (apart from obvious signs of overheating or broken/loose wires!)

Model if anyone is interested or can give me a diagram of its internals/disasembly si Model 2931 3.12 104

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back