Russell V paxo

Sponsored Links
He repeats "we are destroying the planet" which is true.
And says "we are creating an underclass"

To prevent the underclass you have to accelerate destroying the planet!

Sponsored Links
He speaks a lot of sense

Hmmmm Brand has probably got more money than me or you put together and calls for the re-distribution of wealth. ... Just in case Russell Brand happens to read this,,,,, "Feel free to send me a cheque/cash, equal to 1/4 of what you earned this year,,, and I'll put it to good use." ;) ;) (he won't)

If none of the existing political parties represent anything that he wants to vote for then of course he can abstain. Good on him.
We live in a democracy, therefore people have the right not to vote.

If none of the existing political parties represent anything that he wants to vote for then of course he can abstain. Good on him.
We live in a democracy, therefore people have the right not to vote.

But, as Paxo points out, if he doesn't vote, he can't ever change the system, he so despises. Russell just hasn't thought this through,, (like some of his supposed jokes )

Agreed, but I think there should be the option of 'Protest' or 'None of the above' on the ballot sheet to remove one big excuse of the lazy non voters.

I feel that not voting is a bigger disrespect to those who went through WW I & II than not wearing a poppy.

Agreed, but I think there should be the option of 'Protest' or 'None of the above' on the ballot sheet to remove one big excuse of the lazy non voters.

I feel that not voting is a bigger disrespect to those who went through WW I & II than not wearing a poppy.

There is always the option of writing something rude on your ballot paper as a protest. It would be classified as 'spoilt paper', of course, but someone might get the message if sufficiently high numbers of such comments are received.

Then, of course, we could all vote for UKIP.

As long as the whip system is still in place and MPs can at other times abstain I don't think anyone should complain if people are so fed up with politics that they refuse to participate.

As well as spoiling your paper, the powers that be should accept that 30% turn outs are a similar protest.

The system is geared to maintain the status quo whilst giving the impression of democracy, not that that is so wonderful with a first past the post method.

Would it not be better for politics though if the parliamentary whip system, was done away with? MP's could then feel free to vote with their conscience rather than toeing the party line. You never know, even some MP's sitting in opposition might agree with a certain proposal, and those in power might not agree with other proposals. Could make Parliament just that bit more interesting. ;) ;)

Would it not be better for politics though if the parliamentary whip system, was done away with? MP's could then feel free to vote with their conscience rather than toeing the party line. You never know, even some MP's sitting in opposition might agree with a certain proposal, and those in power might not agree with other proposals. Could make Parliament just that bit more interesting. ;) ;)

Good idea, which makes me wonder why we have a party system anyway. Each constituency could elect their own MP, who could stand independently. I wonder how well that might work. I suppose you'd have to have certain stated policies and manifestos, but I do like the idea that any MP could vote for what they think best, perhaps even in secret.

In that case ,would there be any need for opposition or parties at all?

Sponsored Links
Back