Russian Nuclear Threat looms again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like the Cold War isn't over as first thought,

RUSSIA'S NUCLEAR FUTURE

Russia is close to developing a new form of nuclear missile, its President has announced.

Vladimir Putin said other nuclear powers did not have the new technology and were unlikely to develop it in the near future.

"We have not only conducted tests of the latest nuclear rocket systems," Mr Putin said. "I am sure that in the coming years we will acquire them.

"Moreover, these will be things which do not exist and are unlikely to exist in other nuclear powers."

The Russian leader failed to specify to which type of systems he was referring.

Russia has been seeking to upgrade its nuclear a r s e n a l after the US announced plans in 2001 to develop a missile defence shield.

It believes the US plan contravenes an historic treaty between the two nations.

Mr Putin's comments came at a meeting of generals representing the various branches of the nation's armed forces.

He said Russia still viewed terrorism as the greatest threat to national security but would not forget the nuclear threat.

"We understand that the moment we turn our attention from such elements of our defences as a nuclear missile shield, then we will be facing new threats," he said.

"That is why we will continue to persistently develop our armed forces on the whole, including its nuclear a r s e n a l potential."

Worrying isn't it!

Sponsored Links
I would imagine that the second biggest threat after terrorism (which is very now) would be the former parts of the USSR...

Anyhoo, since they are now dependent on Western products like Mc Donalds, sanctions would be very effective and the Russian public would revolt before war broke out! :p

Yeah ? They'd have as much, if lucky, influence as we had over Eyerak.

Watching PM Q time .. and the imagery of Tone purposely leaving No.10 to attend ... Why does he bother ? Never answers anything ... I guess the large document he carries with tabbed pages is a bit of moonlighting for CherryAide ;)

Sponsored Links
Back