Rust inside double glazing window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all.

I have streaks of rust running down the inside of my bathroom double glazed window.

I can see many posts on here about misty windows but none about rust specificly.

Just trying to gauge opinions on whether anyone has come across this before and had any success or opinions. I hope to remove the pane inside and clean it properly and refit it. I replaced the lock screws that had rusted and I'm guessing these leaked through the internal seals. The window is beaded externally.

Thanks for reading.

Michael.

Sponsored Links
If it's the opening window,I bet the screws that hold the hinge in place have rusted...Easy fix...take screw out and replace with ones that won't rust.If you live close to the sea the hinge screws tend to rust much faster.

Or it could be the screw that holds the frame in place...if they fixed up through the lintel/brick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back