Ryobi 16G nail gun, can't remove magazine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the R18N16G Airstrike battery nail gun from Ryobi. There's a misfire issue and I already ruled out a jam.
All the advice suggests to remove the magazine and lubricate but I cannot find an exact guide for this model, I've removed all the obvious bolts and the damn thing won't come off, it rattles around attached by something I can't figure out to undo.

It's quite annoying. Has anyone got this model and can advise?

IMG_20231228_161107.jpgIMG_20231228_161131.jpgIMG_20231228_161205.jpgIMG_20231228_161046.jpg

Sponsored Links
It should be within its 3 year warranty, maybe you purchased it used. Online manuals available and plenty on YT. Unless it's an electronic rather than a mechanical issue

i wouldnt think you need to remove the whole carrage when i had a problem it was the nail the wrong side off the plunger
you havent accidently used an 18 gauge nail have you --i am sure you havent but they do fit

It's apparently not an uncommon issue. It sounds like it's firing but it doesn't. No nail jam.
I've seen several videos where they lubricate the slide/mechanism and it's a 5s job but you do need to remove the magazine; very easy but none are the same model exactly.

Sponsored Links
This is a video on a very similar model.. I think mine just has one extra screw or bolt but I don't want to just start removing everything I can find in case I can't get it back together .

I'll investigate more, just hoped someone might have done this exact thing and save me additional effort.

Fingers crossed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back