Ryobi 18v li-ion; aftermarket batteries or new cells?

yes sorry decimal point a bit out lol
£70 is the cheapest unless you get a package
the point i was making is with new batteries there is so much to loose if they go wrong
the black charger does charge the 4ah batteries so no need to buy the green charger

Sponsored Links
Heh heh, just for a moment there I hoped you had a secret source; oh well :)

I think it was worth asking the question, but yes it has confirmed in my mind that to get the same quality theres little or nothing to be gained by taking the 3rd party or DIY approach. And potentially more to be lost if things aren't as compatible or long lived. I've been very pleased with the performance and life of my current ryobi Li-ion batteries, and I'm especially pleased that the 4AH ones have been achieved without losing compatibility with the older tools, so I will be buying some new 4Ah ones before the next big job.

Thanks very much for the info on the black charger, thats really good to know for sure. I've been quite a fan of Ryobi tools for some years now, and see no reason why that will change, but I just wish their customer support was up to the same level as the tools. Its a good reminder though; I think I'll get the batteries from a retailer with good customer service rather than necessarily the cheapest price. Should the worst happen I'd rather deal with them.

Cheers
Kev

as an aside the 4ah batteries are the lightest
followed by the 2.4 then the nicads
also on some tools like the fluro lamp and the wet and dry hoover where the 2.4 lions where"VERY TIGHT" to get in and out the 4ah are a few mm smaller allowing easy insertion and removal

also the 4ah are like turbo charged batteries especially if your 2.4 are more than say 2 years old :eek: :D

Sponsored Links
That sounds encouraging! The lack of any binding on the body of the tool will certainly help. I'll also be interested to see how they compare on depth though - given the force needed I find it a tiny bit of a stretch to operate both battery release buttons at once with thumb and finger on the 2.4Ah ones.

Yes my 2.4Ah batteries are quite old so I'm looking forward to seeing if theres a change in performance as well as run time. I have the (older blue) circular saw which would really benefit from them, and also a green SDS drill which runs okay on the 2.4Ah batteries but could do with a bit more umph IMO.

Cheers
Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back