s*ds law.

AdamW said:
Thermo said:
d & j, they shouldnt be parking where they are breaking the law. There is an exemption, but it is only applied in an emergency situation.

I saw an unmarked green Mondeo parked on the verge, facing against the traffic, on the outer edge of a roundabout yesterday. Facing towards a bit where the speed limit goes from 60mph down to 30. Coincidence? There is always the possibility they were waiting for a known car full of murderers and bank robbers, but there were also speed traps set up in several places along my way to work yesterday...

I thought about reporting it to the police as people up to no good. Well, there were two people inside wearing gang-colours, black and white. They also looked like they might be wearing body armour - a sure sign that they were up to no good. If they WERE police uniforms, surely they were impersonating the police, as the police wouldn't be parking illegally and stupidly without reason, surely? :rolleyes: It would be daft to conclude they were police on duty. ;)

And to add a touch of irony, when I got home there was a leaflet from the council saying about how they are tightening up the policing of parking restrictions by employing new parking attendants :LOL:
I saw two of these gang members walking up my high street the other day nasty looking individuals they were and obviously not to be trusted, whatever is the world coming to? :eek:

Sponsored Links
The bu##ers just came past here ..... singing .. " Is this the way to...." :D

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
the road in question was the A1031 in lincolnshire.a 4 mile long road with no houses/schools/ with wide grass borders and no hedges.but before that road starts theres a junction with a school/church/shop with no crossing in a built up residential area.but no speed cameras. :evil: the sign should say "POLICE CAMERAS,PLEASE MAKE CHEQUES PAYABLE TO THE LABOUR PARTY"

In the good old days of few 'radar traps', Inevitably someone would put a large cardboard box near the kerb about half a mile each side of trap.. marked 'BEWARE SPEED TRAP AHEAD' a brick inside kept the box on station .. 'til a patrol car passed by !!... as common as rocking horse doo dah today..
:D

The other day, coming down the A127 to gallows corner, I suddenly found myself on the end of a traffic jam. After about half an hour (to cover a few hundred yards) I found that the left hand lane had been closed. It was packed full of Old Bill.

Every vehicle in the remaining lane (that means everyone), was being held up to have it's tax disc inspected.

The dual carriagway where this was taking place, clearly had double yellow lines. I was half inclined to get out of my car and take all of thier numbers to report the illegal parking. As for the chaps standing in the road checking the discs. I'm sure we could argue the case that they were causing an obstruction.

Ironically the first vehicle in this illegal gypsy camp with stripes, was equipped with a speed camera. Pretty pointless, since they had brought the entire road to a standstill, don't you think. :evil:

Sponsored Links
ohmygod,
i would contest it. I think you be likely to get dealt with for one of them and no further penalty in terms of points for the second, but dont hold me to that.

Texmex wrote
When you consider the improvements to car handling and braking that have evolved over the last 40 years, why are we still restricted to 70mph on motorways. I'm sure that 100mph in most modern cars would be safer than even 60mph in an old Ford Anglia

That may be true, and roads have also become safer, but in a lot of cases the idiots driving them havnt. Do you know what your braking distances are? Do you know the correct way to drive a corner?, do you know the correct way to brake with abs? do you know how to correct a skid? do you know the correct way to perform a safe overtaking manovure? Do you know how a micro climate affects the road? can you read a road properly? How do you read and judge a corner correctly? etc etc (not you personally texmex!)
I know many people think they are gods gift to driving. I had nearly two months of various forms of intense driver training when i was in the police and it certainly opened my eyes as to how little you are actually taught when you take your driving lessons at 17. I still make mistakes and get sloppy and lazy when driving the same as everyone else, so you still have to take into account the human factors

I saw two of these gang members walking up my high street the other day nasty looking individuals they were and obviously not to be trusted, whatever is the world coming to?
Funny you should say that kendor, I also saw 2 PC's on our High St the other day too. Their Transit was parked wrong side of the road on the brow of a hill about 20ft from a pelican crossing. Like they do on a regular basis whilst in a butty shop getting their lunch! :eek:

One law for them and another for us I'm afraid.

masona said:
Does anyone know what the fine is for 90+ on motorway? Am'I right something like 3 months ban?

Different forces have different rules.

I got zapped on a Sunday night doing 91 on a deserted M61. I got an SP50 (3 points 60 quid), but got told that 92+ would have been up before the beak.

Just out of interest, I got zapped the same day a year earlier doing 64 in a 50, that had been reduced from 70 the day earlier......BUMMER!

15.06.2000 SP30

15.06.2001 SP50

Let's just say that 15.06.2002, 2003, 4, 5, etc will be an annual day of rest for the boss of SES!!

D & J

Like the traffic attendant in Bramhall, parked on a single yellow to ticket someone parked on the same line....

Wrote and complained and basically said that if the wardens have to break the law to ticket folks, then there needs to be more on-street parking, doesn't there? Didn't get me anywhere...

Back