SABRE (VOKERA) HE 25 COMBI IS LEAKING WATER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My 5 year old Sabre HE 25 combi is leaking water. I have attached the picture.

Not pouring out, but it is leaking.

Pressure drops from 1.5 bar to zero bar fairly quick, hence the red light comes on and it does not fire.

The water comes out from the drain pipe under burner.

Pressure gage reads ZERO bar.

Heat insulation blocks, all 3 around the burner is soaking wet from top to bottom.

Also, after it drained itself, I have disconnected the two venture pipes (at the top) small drops of water came out from the pipes and from inside the metal casing.

What is wrong with my combi boiler?

Being over 5 years old, is it worth reparing?

If you advise me to buy a new one, which combi boiler would you recommend for 4 bedroom, terraced house, with wall and loft insulation and double glazing, with one bathroom?

Thank you in advance,

Tom

Sponsored Links
Condenser unit leaking at top of boiler! part cost over £300 better of booking a chargeable call with vokera, should be ok unless more parts required as they have a limit upto £450 worth of parts hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the advice John.

I booked it with Vokera fix repair, service and one year warranty at £251.94.

Engineer was near, he popped around yesterday afternoon.

You are spot on John! Engineer find Condensing Unit faulty (345+vaT= £414.00)

He reckons, also 2 other parts needs changing (plastic over flow unit and did not say the third as he was not very friendly person at all) totalling £451,95 little over Vokera limit.

He also said that the other parts may be damaged by water leak and advised me to get a new boiler.

I can see his point, however electronics are well hidden under cover they look dry and combi was trying to fire even with water leak.

Besides I paid up front, Vokera will charge me for a call out fee (I think £130)anyway. Combi is oldish but hardly used as I live almost on my own. So, I decided to gamble with my remaining £120 pound.

I talked to Vokera, they did not argue over couple of quid and they will send someone else to fit condensing unit and the other 2 parts (overflow pipe and engineer did not name the third part) on Thursday.
After changing Condensing unit, if the combi works, they will service it too and I will get one years warranty.

If it does not, I will have to pay whatever else needs changing.

So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Not very important question, but I you have a time could you please tell me; Apart from electronics what else might be damaged by water leak, any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back