Safety Lockout II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On behalf of Daniel...

Just purchased my first house and have the Halstead Finest combi system. House was empty for 9 months and locked out when the unit was switched on. Engineer was called and problem was noted as a micro switch, it was not this, but a valve which activates the micro switch.

The unit was working for 2 days solid, after the 3rd day the system failed to fire up three times and locked out. This is now the case and it is no longer working. Is there a likely explanation?

Many thanks!

pp Daniel

Sponsored Links
Daniel

Even if posting a new question on this other topic weren't against the forum rules, which it is, then posting anything on that topic is a very dangerous thing to do! The other topic is a dark place where the laws of physics, as you and I know them, don't apply. Did you ever see the film "Event Horizon"? Nuff said.

So, regarding your problem, was the valve that received attention was a MZV (motorised zone valve)?
If so, is that valve now working, i.e. actuating when there is a demand for heat?
If so, have you tried resetting the boiler?

S.

Sponsored Links
Daniel - yes there are a few things which might do this sort of thing. It's a bit like not using a car for 6 months.
A thorough service, done with the history in mind, should sort it. Recently I found a spider's web stopping a boiler working!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back