Safety shoes? U-Power?

All I'll say is that you can't be using them that much!

I went on a "boys weekend" to goodwood last year. The dress code stipulated shirt/tie/shoes. I didn't own a pair of shoes so I paid £20 for a pair of shoes from Shoezone. They lasted the weekend. They did what they were supposed to do.

It was cheap and cheerful.

Sponsored Links
I just spent £28 on a pair of safety shoes at Asda, they are light and comfortable for my use within the workshop, no need for heavy clodhoppers with steel inserts here & there. Finally something lightweight for the summer and as long as they last for this year I'm happy.

My experience of Cofra is they're ****e, two different pairs fell apart in little time

20230626_215535.jpg

Paid £225 for these just can't get on with them. So gone back to my Cofra sandles and will buy new pair cofra shoes for winter

Sponsored Links
I quite like my Cofra boots as well - I'm on my 3rd pair having previously had several pair of Saults and before those several pairs of Stietz. The Sault boots went through some cost reduction measures which ruined them for me (e.g. plastic lace hooks as opposed to metal - I returned 2 pairs as unfit for purpose before kicking them into touch). The Stietz boots (made in Germany) got very pricey following Brexit - another Brexit benefit.

I may be wrong, I often am... but I think it was Saults were the company that Timberland contracted to make their EU boots.

Someone commented that their Cofra boots were carp - well, these 'orrible examples are mine (sorry they aren't clean, however I'm not in the army..)

20230627_131817.jpg

Currently about 8 months old, and I've started going through the rubberised toe caps, as you tend to do when working on the floor. The seams are still watertight, the stitching is still good, the soles aren't too worn, but the linings are getting a bit tatty so I'll be ordering a new pair before long. They'll more than likely be Cofra boots (Tuttenkhamun II)

Back