Sagging cold water cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My cold water cistern is sagging quite heavily on the side with the overflow outlet, and this has put pressure on the joint on this outlet causing it to start dripping. I m draining the ststem to release the pressure, but any idea on the best way to prevent it sagging again when I refill having tightened the joint?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have only just moved in, and will be getting a plumber in to re-do most of the plumbing as the previous owner was a bodge artist, but wanted to make sure that the problem doesn't re-occur before I get can a new tank installed.

Any other suggestions?

And get the plumber to check the immersion heater etc, because the tank will only sag if it is not installed properly or has been overheated with a fault

Sponsored Links
The tank should be on a flat base such as 19mm ply wood and this should be a minimum of 100mm bigger than the tank all round. You could try placing the old tank on a new base but be prepared that it may split. Is the water warm in the tank? If so you need a plumber sooner rather than later.
Steve

The water is cold, but the tank is on a base smaller than the tank itself. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back