Salamander CT50 Twin info required.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm new to pressure pumps, not central heating and boiler heating with multifuel stoves though. Got another Charnwood to fit.
Now I've just been given a CT50 pump and after switching it on it did nowt.
Now I thought, maybe it needs water to activate it so I plugged the outputs and filled to brims. Still nowt.
So I looked at electrical connections and it sure looks like its switched via this little black box about 8mm square on terminal block. So power comes into pump, it then goes to sensors on water inputs then to black box. So I take it this is a switch letting mains through to com when its full of water..
So I bypassed the little bugger and fed power direct to com and hey presto it works.
So do I really need the water sensors.
And is this pump required to be switched on when having a shower or is it pressure actuated.
Any comments accepted...
Goggs..

Sponsored Links
Most pumps activate through flow switches... it senses a minimum flow through the pump when the shower is turned on and the switch then activates the pump.
These pumps should never be run dry as it can damage the seals and impeller, ergo the flow switches.

Ahhh, now rob you say flow switch, so its possibly not a water switch. I had better un-bypass the wiring then and we'll say solved here.
I noticed the "O" ring joint in one of the impellor housings was cracked and ready to split. Are there spares available for these pumps.
Goggs.

Sponsored Links
Yes, un-bypass the switch, it's a safety system to ensure that the pump doesn't run dry. The switch senses the flow of water and closes the circuit. There's a reed that sits in the output flow and when there's suitable flow to bend the reed enough it closes the circuit and activates the motor.

Not sure about replacement seals though, get in touch with Salamander, they may be able to supply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back