Salamander Home Boost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Salamander Home Boost - a booster pump suitable for direct connection to water mains:

http://www.home-boost.co.uk/

Is anybody familiar with the regs for these? Can two be fitted in order to run two showers? (ie - is is 12L/min max flow per pumping appliance/device, or 12L/min max flow per connection/dwelling containing a pump)

Thanks,

--
Marko

Sponsored Links
12 litres per min is the maximum that the home boost will run at. It is legal and complys with the water by laws as you can connect a pump directly to mains water if it ha112am maximum of 12 litres per min pumping capacity.

12 litres per min is the maximum that the home boost will run at. It is legal and complys with the water by laws as you can connect a pump directly to mains water if it has a maximum of 12 litres per min pumping capacity.

Not that I disagree with Chas in any way on this and its not my area anyway but there is a chap on here called Kvsalamander who works for salamander and he will give you unbiased advice on the best product for your needs as I said before not disagreeing with Chas in any way

Sponsored Links
You can only fit one of these to a property. 12l/min is the maximum you are allowed to pump from the mains.

I doubt KVSalamander's advise could be called unbiased either :LOL:. Honest no doubt, but unbiased???? ;).

Good afternoon,

My advice is both honest and impartial (otherwise ide get booted off!)

The Homeboost is 100% legal and well within water regs. The maximum that the pump will deliver is 12l/min as this is the legal maximum that the pump may draw from the mains. If you have between 3l/min and 12l/min coming through your stop tap the pump will try its best to bring that up to the 12l/min max. Usually its designed for systems with a combi boiler.

cheers

Thanks.

WRAS also confirmed that it's one per property only, so something like a Grundfos Homebooster would be more appropriate for a property with more than one shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back