salamander homeboost in series with PRV ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. i have just moved into a new build build home from taylor wimpy. three bathrooms and has an ideal logic 35kw combi in the kitchen. under the kitchen sink there is a coleffi 3 bar valve after the stopcock. it has an adjuster on it which varies from - to + and is currently set on '-'

there is no gauge anywhere to be seen.

the issue is, when the electric shower is running (10.5kw on 10mm electrical wiring), if any other tap is opened even slightly, the shower gets low flow and stops heating.

ive measured the cold flow in the kitchen sink and im getting 7 litres per min.

i have 2 questions really.

can the valve be adjusted to stop the issues im having?

also, can an inline pump like the salamander home boost be fitted within this configuration?

NB i assume the pipework coming into the property is 25mm and reduces to 15mm, although i havent actually checked this.

Sponsored Links
If you've just moved into a new build by Taylor/Scrimpy then get them to attend cos youv a problem with your incoming mains

The guage is normally removed after adjusting the pressure, as above contact house builder.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

Thanks for the responses. Yes the stopcock is fully open. I will call the site manager tomorrow but i anticipate the until take ages to get a plumber in to take a look.
Is there much risk if I just turn the adjuster clockwise slightly ?

That gauge looks good. I don't have a outdoor tap but could I stick it on he dishwasher or washing machine outlet?

And if someone could let me know if there's any danger in me turning up the downstream pressure without a gauge? For example, just adjusting it bit by bit and checking the taps after each adjustment ?

I'm happy to have a go myself but in just concerned about what the real risks are if I get the pressures too high. As the prv is labelled 3 bar, does this mean that is the highest pressure it will allow through? Because if so, 3 bar isn't likely to damage pipes / appliances, is it??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back