Salamander Pump leaking :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a little leak from my pump in the bathroom but from what I can tell its not from any of the pipe work, attached is a picture of the suspect leak but if I describe it as well someone may be able to help:

The copper pipe connects to the pump via some flexiable pipe which screws onto the plastic thread on the pump, this all looks ok but the water seems to be dripping from the 2 holes at the end of the thread, what are these holes and how would I go about fixing this leak?

Thanks

33000_32696_11839_34252296_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
65 views and not a single comment :confused: does anyone know what these 2 holes (obviously filled with something to stop water dripping out) are for and why would the pump leak from there?

Sponsored Links
ok guys leave it with me I'll find more info out thanks

Ok I have some more information and new pic's.

The pump is a Salamander Pump and I believe its the CT50 range

Where the pipe connects on the left hand side can you see the 2 small holes (I've no idea what these are they may not even be holes, I can't actually get to them to see properly)

I believe the water is dripping out of one of these holes, could this be possible?

The pump is about 3 maybe 4 years old and the full details are below:

http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/Products/CT_Pumps.htm

Thanks for help in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back