Leaking Salamader ESP 75CPV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leaking Salamander shower pump, it's leaking from around the screw as you can see in the picture. I tried changing the position of the screw but that only made things worse so it's now turned off and all inlet/outlet valves closed, which has stopped the leak.

Based on where it's leaking from, is this likely to be straightforward for a plumber to fix or will it require part/all of the pump to be replaced? My usual plumber would like me to get rid of it, so am concerned they will push that angle. Mind you, it's been a pest.

Attachments

• Salamander Leak.jpg
    Salamander Leak.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 127
Sponsored Links
That looks like an air bleed screw so if the centre screw is tight then the leak is from the plastic around the screw. Cant say if it can be fixed from here but if it is 6yrs or older then replace it.

Would that be a complete pump replacement? Also, is there anything similar price/performance to the Salamander pump which is more reliable?

Yes replace the pump, without knowing the set up which may explain why it has been a "pest" be advised by your usual plumber is all I can advise.

Sponsored Links
Our 6 year old Salamander ESP 75CPV died last week as well. Replaced today with unvented cylinder (the vented one it replaced was installed in 1988, so certainly did not owe us any favours). Our pump did the whole house, so loving the silence when running a hot tap or shower. Go with your plumbers recommendation - get rid of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back