Sales...

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
C

cumbriahandyman

Ernst & Young has appointed Gordon Brothers, the retail consultants, to run closing down sales in all of Focus's 178 stores. Of these stores, 55 have been sold to rivals. However the remainder are likely to close.

Simon Allport, joint administrator for Focus, said: "We have been working hard to sell the business as a going concern and to maximise value for creditors.

I need to replace a few tools, I wonder how low they will go.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...Focus-DIY-closures-put-3000-jobs-at-risk.html

Sponsored Links
Not very, they will indicate masive reductions to get punters in. But in reality keep the prices as high as possible.
The duty of any reciever to the debtors/shareholders.

Sale starts today (26th) and it seems that it is about 10% to start with and presumably the discount will increase when all the crap stuff is left which no-one wants

Sponsored Links
No Woolies, no MFI, No Focus DIY,

Would prefer to write, No Subway, No KFC, No McDonalds....

The aforementioned places brought in out of town shops (apart from Woolies), but the town centre, whichever town it is, is so generic now.

Subway - Multiplechoice exam to get food, What type of bread, what type of butter, etc etc, and it takes three or four people to build a sandwich, at the end, it's so large, you can't fit it in your gob to eat it.

KFC, battered bits of unknown levels of cooked chicken, served in a bucket, covered in salt, NO I put it in a bucket at the end of the meal, it's called a bin.

McD's banned a horse and cart from their drivethru, on health and safety grounds, they didn't mention the customers arriving behind that, seeing all the steaming piles of horse pooh as they order their meal, and were vague regarding a 'virtual vehicle', is allowed thru a drive thru...

A virtual vehicle is, when out on the lash on a Saturday morning, early hours, you run along the road, pretending to drive, and make vehicle noises, using a pretend steering wheel, and other people join you, either next to you or behind you, depending how many people join this 'conga', in which case it turns into a virtual bus....if you roll up at the drive thru, doing this, McD's stated that they 'may' serve you.....depending on outlet. Or probably how much the manager might make by posting the evidence on Youtube...

Virtual vehicle - reminds me of the Isle of Man - on the lash way back when Hailwood made his return - Pub full of us all doing bike noises , with one leader who was sober enough to remember the course and shout the names of the bends :LOL:

Went into Focus today to take advantage of their give away prices.............came out empty handed! :LOL:

Nothing cheap at all. :rolleyes:

'Subway - Multiplechoice exam to get food, What type of bread, what type of butter, etc etc, and it takes three or four people to build a sandwich, at the end, it's so large, you can't fit it in your gob to eat it.

KFC, battered bits of unknown levels of cooked chicken, served in a bucket, covered in salt, NO I put it in a bucket at the end of the meal, it's called a bin.

McD's banned a horse and cart from their drivethru, on health and safety grounds, they didn't mention the customers arriving behind that, seeing all the steaming piles of horse pooh as they order their meal, and were vague regarding a 'virtual vehicle', is allowed thru a drive thru...'

Should all be prosecuted under the Trade Descriptions Act for saying they sell food!
A babies nappy has more taste appeal! :evil:

^^^^^I'm not a fan of any of the above but you can't ban something because YOU don't like it.

The business model of KFC/Subway/McD's is obviously better that that of Focus.

Used to go through the KFC drive through on my bike. Good times.

The firs time I went into my local one I placed my order, drove round to the window and found the ledge was a few inches ABOVE the top of my car window :LOL: Had to get out of the car to pay and get the food :LOL:

Must have happened a lot as they've built a big ramp in front of the window now.

Does anyone still have a Wimpy in their town?

Sponsored Links
Back