Salus ep200, hot water and electric heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We jus moved in to the new flat. We got an issue to set up central heating. We got big water tank with to switches (immersion? Top and bottom) we got controller ep200 and old type convector heaters. The only way to use the heaters is manually switch them on. But the Landlord and Agency is claiming we can control them thru Salus. I tried to set up everything but the heaters are not getting hot. Can anyone help me sort it out?

Sponsored Links
IMG_20191204_173837.jpg
IMG_20191204_173711.jpg

The Salus EP200 has two channels, one for the Central Heating and one for the Hot Water. The electrical current capacity of the Salus is limited to 8A, so it should be wired to a relay or contactor suitable for switching the higher currents associated with electric heating.

The times that you want the Central Heating and Hot Water to be 'on' for can be programmed into the Salus. If you don't have operating instructions for it, you can find them by clicking here.

Much of how it actually works will depend upon how the installer has wired it up. Normally, I would expect the Hot Water settings to control the immersion heater and the Central Heating settings the radiators. Usually the heaters and immersion would be left permanently switched 'on' at their local isolators and switches, and the Salus would switch the power to them 'on' and 'off' according to the settings programmed into it.

If you can't fathom it out you should ask the letting agency / landlord to show you how it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back