Salus RF Programmer Help Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

I have just had a Valillant EcoTec Pro 28HE boiler installed. The installer has also installed a Salus RF Programmer C/W Recevier in the dining room which doesn't seem appropriate when I have come to try and program it. http://www.salus-tech.com/programmab...hermostat.html.

Basically there is no off function! You have the option of having 5 different settings per day but these are basically setting different temperatures with the minimum being 10 degrees. Once this temperature is reached the heating is turned off until the heating falls below the set temp or until the next time which was set is reached. The other option is to turn the system off alltogether.

Currently my house is not finished and there are draughts etc but the temp on the control is generally showing at 7/8 degrees. So basically last night I tried to set the timer as I wanted the heating to come on at 9.30 this morning. The only way to do this is to turn on the timer and set it to be on at 10 degrees (the min) and then at 9.30 in the morning set it for about 20 degrees. It should then reach 10 degrees more or less straight away (which it didnt) and turn off and then turn on again in the morning at 9.30am as required. The problem I have is that the heating was on for hours trying to reach 10 degrees. I ended up getting up and turning it off in the early hours of the morning. By doing this it obviously didnt come on in the morning! I am worried that in the winter this is going to be a nightmare especially when its cold as I could be at work all day and the heating may be on nearly all day!! which is not what I want.

I would like a 'timer' so basically I can program the heating to come on at 7am to 8am in a morning and then go off and come on again at 5pm to 8pm in the evening and then go off. I would like it to be digital and also I require a thermostat so I can control the room temperature.

Does anyone know a work around or has the wrong thing been fitted?

The fitter even admitted that he thought it should have the option to turn it off. I am thinking of trying to sell it and buy another more appropriate, preferably vaillant one. Any advice to what i need would be very much appreciated as I dont want to get it wrong again!

many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back