salus RF5OO thermostat

aarrghhhhhh!!!!!! Have you ever wanted a sauna but can't afford one? well now you can, buy the salus thermostat and you will have your own sauna at home, lose weight easily by melting to death. hahaha

I've tried using the frost button, but as i type the boiler is still on, ive changed all the settings 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 to 10degrees, thinking this would make it stay off.

Ive got british gas comming thursday to service the boiler, hopefully he'll be able to help untill i can afford to change it. :evil:

Sponsored Links
If the controller isn't reliably sending to the boiler than you can press all the buttons you like and it won't make any difference. Try switching it on and off from very close and see if that works. Try changing the channel settings. My experience is that many fitters just leave them on the default so if one of your neighbours has one they could be keeping your boiler on, or just messing up your reception.

has the link being taken out in the boiler

LOL. That would be really annoying. Possibly you don't want to take the boiler apart to check this, but the symptoms would be that the heating *never* switches off unless you press the power button on the front or unplug it.

Sponsored Links
I called salus technical help today and told them the problem they said its either a faulty box or the channel needs changing on both units or the neighbours electrical equipment is interfering with the unit, hahahahehe.

British Gas bloke came to service the boiler and he is going to come back next week and fit a new one, the one british gas offer is BRITISH GAS RC PLUS, MODEL RF316/22560. So i'm going to try that one and see how i get on. he left me the instructions for it so i could read up on it ( seems like its very similar to the dreaded salus).

The other option he said was to just have a wired thermostat, with a simple dial on the wall and the timer clock fitted on the boiler.

and by the way looking back at my previous posts, ive come to the conclusion that i am a sad f..cker and i am obsessed with this thermostat, hahahahahehehe.

Thanks everyone for your advice though :D

If it is still the same model, then it is basically the same as the Salus but with a few useful tweaks. The manual has pictures that should let you understand how to work it! It has a manual mode which is equivalent to an "on" setting. The Salus doesn't have this, only a temporary override. It has up to six temperature periods per day, but you can configure it to have less.

Also some extra features that you may or may not find helpful. Keypad lock, multiple programs (up to 3?), "intelligent" startup, programmable holiday mode temperature and time period, but no real "off" setting (just a frost setting at 7C).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back