Salus Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've decided to replace my old Potterton Room Stat with a digital one and have selected the Salus RT300.

Just a quick question...the Potterton has three wires labeled Live/Neutral /and a yellow wire which according to the old label is the switch wire or call for heat. Thing is the Salus like most of the new stats has only a live and a switched live and no obvious requirement for a neutral. Can I assume that I wire in the red/live and the yellow into the new stat and tape up the neutral. ?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Slug....

I've tested the wires and the red is live...duh...the blue is definitely neutral and the yellow goes live when the stat is activated. The Salus is a battery powered stat and only has a live and a switch line connection and logic says that the neutral on the old Potterton is either not used or the old stats needed the live and neutral to work.

It sounds simple...when I type it out ....and buying a stat turned into a fashion quest......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back