Salus rt500f

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im having to create this thread again as i am still having a problem trying to wire up this thermostat. My boiler is a biasi m90e24s and with the instructions that came with the unit for wiring 230v its not working. having seen the threads on here its not clear how it should be done, can anyone please help im going out of my mind trying to get this to work for my gran. Thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
If your boiler wiring corresponds with the attached drawing, then the Salus 'N/O' and 'COM' terminals should be connected to terminals '1' and '3' at the boiler. It doesn't matter which way around they go. Then you need a permanent Live and Neutral to the Salus 'L' & 'N' terminals respectively.

If there is presently a link between boiler terminals 1 and 3 that should be removed.

Please observe the important note that no mains voltage should be applied to either terminals 1 or 3.

Attachments

• Boiler Wiring.pdf
    88.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
This is what i believe is the loop that needs to be connected to n/o and com as u described ( see photo). There are 3 wires blue, grey and red and the loop wire.
So if im am correct on ur explanation N/O and com goes into red and blue (as in the photo) and a live and neutral from the switched 3amp spur to the live and neutral on the salus.

Attachments

• IMG_20161025_185329.jpg
    IMG_20161025_185329.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 96
Correct.

Red (or blue) to N/O
Blue (or red) to COM

L&N self explanatory

Remove the loop

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for your advice didnt work at first but its important to turn the boiler dial to its on position,after doing this it worked just fine, Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back