Salus RT500RF Programmable Room Stat Questions

would some kind soul email me these plain English word document instructions please?
I will then post them to the cloud so anyone who sees this can download it direct.

thanks

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Ok I have an issue with this setup, but nothing similar to anyone on the 11 pages of this thread!

My control unit will turn the receiver green light on, but doesn't switch the boiler/radiators on.

If I set a low temperature on the control unit to turn off the boiler, the green light stays on the boiler still does nothing (obviously, because it didn't switch on in the first place)!

I cannot turn the radiators on from the boiler directly either. The system has worked for a number of years without fault but this is the first time the radiators are going on after summer.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

billy1830";p="2673379 said:
The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

1 is the time you want heating on eg, 07.00 and set the temp (20)

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

3 is the time to come on an evening eg. 17.00 and set the temp (20)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.

I'm one of these still struggling - even after having someone round to have a look and run through it with me could I have a copy emailed over to [email protected] if possible? many thanks!

Hi,

Can anyone advise?

We set up our thermostat at 16 degrees for all 5 set points. However after 6pm the heating will come on and rise to approx 22 degrees?

The only thing we can think is that the thermostat is not talking to the boiler and the boiler might be doing its own thing. How can we check if this is the case?

The boiler is in the loft so this might be the reason. Would we need to call out an electrician or a plumber?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I had one of these units installed on Wednesday, just three days ago.
Already I've concluded it as being cheap for a reason. It doesn't function as required.

Frankly the instructions are maybe not the clearest but they most certainly are adequate. The unit in theory should be easy to use.

I have my unit setpoints at 17 for all except 5 which I have dropped to 7 as frost protection.
However my boiler fires up almost constantly with the units thermostat reading a stifling 22. The flame indicator is not flashing/displayed yet the boiler is still firing.
I have checked the receiver and the unit is paired with the green light suggesting there is a command being received.

It isn't an RF issue as no neighbour would set their heating to 23 degrees in the middle of the night! I also doubt very much if the unit has the power for its transmission to penetrate my building to my neighbours.

So, I'm concluding its rubbish and plan to get rid.

I'm wondering though if I have any other options as I think my boiler maybe a hindrance with little amount of compatible devices.
My boiler is an alpha c23, and I'm thinking I would like to try a Honeywell unit if they have any compatible thermostats?

The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.

Hi Leeds Plumber, I have one of these times and having the same problem for a few days now. Please could you email me your plain English instructions....... [email protected]..... Many thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back