Salus RT500rf Thermostat - LED display shows room temperature too high (but isn't!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I wonder if you can please help. I have a Salus RT500RF digital thermostat been working fine for years until just now. The digital display is showing the room temperature as HI°c meaning the room temperature is over 45° - it's very much not and now the heating won't come on - any idea as to how to override this?

Many thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
Thanks Londoner2 - we have already done that we've had the batteries left out for about 30 minutes. We've also tried resetting it too.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Yes - we have the hard copy manual also. There's no help on there on how to troubleshoot this issue.

Here's a screenshot from the digital display

Attachments

• IMG_20231231_211741451.jpg
    IMG_20231231_211741451.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 25
Here's a screenshot from the digital display
I think I've seen a recent post with a similar issue - the solution was to get a new thermostat.
Unfortunately Salus don't have a very good reputation around here!

If you need heating now, show us a picture of your receiver, and we may be able to bypass it.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Doesn’t look like there’s an override. Is there a reset under the flap on the thermostat?

Had problems before with these but never HI.

Things to try...
New batteries (not rechargeable)
Move the unit nearer the receiver
Change the pin config
Reset everything

Hi there thank you - I feared that'd be the case! This is the receiver .
As @CBW , there's no override on the front of the receiver.
If you feel comfortable taking the cover off, you could show us the wiring behind.
However, this may not be something you want to do, this time on new year's eve!

The rear of the receiver should look something like this...

1704061245603.png

With the power isolated, put the wires from NO and COM into the same terminal (it doesn't matter which - although for clarity, not L, or N!).
This should link out the receiver, and allow you to Use the controls on the front of your boiler, to control the heating.

I know its not what you want to hear, but it is Salus, bin it and buy something decent, they are possibly the worst controls you could buy, they are absolutely dire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back