Salus RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here but saw some really helpful advice so thought I'd put a post up...

Basically I have a Greenstar 30cdi combi boiler with a salus rt500rf wall stat. Upto around 8am this morning all was working fine. Heating and hot water. Fun times.

Off to work we go. While we at work, water company come and rebuild the external water meter hole on the street.

Get home from work and house was cold. Thermostat battery has been low for a couple of days so I stuck 2 new batteries in and clicked the heating on. (100% batteries right way).

We have hot water but when you click the heating on it makes a bit of noise as though it's trying to start but doesn't get going...

Quick Google and alot of talk about diverter valves. Is it likely to just fail like that without the heating been used through day or is it more likely abit of sludge or dirt got into the system from the work?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree thinking that or could it be a failed wall stat?

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
I doubt very much if the new meter has caused an issue with your heating. Is the thermostat working as it would normally? Is the boiler flashing any lights or error codes?

No lights flashing or errors as I can make out. I wasn't sure if the water been off could have caused an air lock or anything? The level was up higher that before so I bled the radiators and got the level back to normal and no air came out

Sponsored Links
and the thermostat question?
The thermostat question is there to see if there's anything that can be tested or done to rule out the thermostat or if it's likely to be a thermostat fault

I doubt very much if the new meter has caused an issue with your heating. Is the thermostat working as it would normally? Is the boiler flashing any lights or error codes?

Ah yea sorry didn't see that bit, yea whack the temp up and the little flame comes on

No no lights on there. I'm racking my brains to recall there ever been lights on that though, it doesn't look like the origional salus one tbh

Able to post photo of receiver? When you say it goes to start to fire up, what sequence does it get to?

To be honest I've just been up and it only attempts to start after it's reset. If I turn the stat up and down it doesn't try to start. I'll get a pic but it's just a facia with a on/off slider and 2 oblong clear squares (which I assume should be the lights)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Could be the thermostat has lost pairing, but not 100%. The thermostat sends a signal to boiler pcb, which in turn powers diverter motor and diverts water.

If your RT500RF looks like this....

Capture.JPG

....The red light is the power light and the green one comes on when the thermostat switches the heating on.

The Salus RT500RF thermostat and receiver don't 'pair' there is an RF Address code setting made by moving switches on the receiver and jumpers on the thermostat so that they match. If you haven't moved any of them, then that won't have introduced a problem.

The instructions for it, and you can find them here. explain how to do a reset. Might be worth a try.

This is our receiver... Not the same... Inside is just a wiring connection..

*update*

Having just looked at salus website, mine appears to be the origional receiver they made

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_071421.jpg
    IMG_20210112_071421.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back