Salus RXBC605

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Salus RXBC605 that has gone crazy.
It started with inconsistent connection between the hand held controller and the boiler, sometimes coming on when requested and sometimes not.
I tried to re-pair with limited success again inconsistency working but now we have nothing and the light is constantly blinking and making a ticking sound on the receiver.

I’ve tried looking inside the receiver to change the frequency as I though this might be the issue but can’t actually see anything inside to change (I.e. the 1-5 on off switches) on this model that would allow the frequency to be adjusted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• A788C976-BDF1-4FD8-A33D-509441D0D0C2.jpeg
    A788C976-BDF1-4FD8-A33D-509441D0D0C2.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 977
Sponsored Links
No there are no dip switches with that one, if the hand held controller has new good quality alkaline batteries in it and not cheap ones , and it stilldoes it , you will have to replace it, salus are very poor and fail all the time

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for your reply.

Any idea on the constant clicking and flashing of the red light?

I’ve just disconnected the whole unit. Am I ok to do this and just electrical tape over the connectors ?

The hot water on the boiler works when I do this but not sure how I get the heating to come on when it’s like this?

thanks

Sorry, if there are no dip switches for this type how do I know which jumpers should be in place on the handset or doesn’t it matter ?

Sponsored Links
it wont matter about the dip switches, the receiver will have 4 wires a live and neutral to power it you need to disconnect and isloate these, the other 2 wires join them together and that is the eheating on all the time so just use the control knb on the boiler and select HW only when you dont want the heating on

Brilliant so I can just tape the 2 black wires together and away we go ?

Sorry being a bit simple here or can I just disconnect the live and neutral and leave the 2 remaining wires in the unit and it will work ?

Sorry being a bit simple here or can I just disconnect the live and neutral and leave the 2 remaining wires in the unit and it will work ?

Yes, it’ll connect the 2 heating on wires, and remove the need for the thermostat until you replace it. Don’t use tape, use a terminal strip if you have one.

Thanks for your help both got me going until I get chance to get a new unit

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back