1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung 50" LCD tv screen problem please help

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Techpower, 4 Feb 2012.

1. Techpower

Techpower

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    I have a samsung 50" TV which recently developed a 1" or just above
    stripe going dwon from top which flickers I have checked the main board power board and found all the capacitors in very good condition and dont think it could be because of them the only thing I can think of is BUFFER board which connect to lcd direct.
    Please help me.
    thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    And whose fault is that?

4. Sam Gangee

Sam Gangee

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Unless you measured the electrolytics with an ESR meter your check is invalid. It's possibly to see a bulging capacitor and say "that is definitely faulty". It is not possible to say that a non-bulging capacitor is OK. It might still be faulty.

You have a very specific fault with a specific model. Unfortunately, only a time-served TV engineer is likely to be able to diagnose it on-sight and only if he has come across the same fault previously. Otherwise it will have to be tested with the appropriate equipment and knowledge, which is not something that can be done on a discussion forum.

Try http://www.digifixltd.co.uk

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local