Samsung cool n cool fridge freezer RL33SBNS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Samsung Fridge freezer was working fine until 1 week ago when it suddenly defrosted and I had to throw out the contents. There was some excess ice which I removed but now when I turn it on it seems to work OK for several hours and then it just stops again and warms up.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome robinps :D :D :D

suspect the temperature is to low in the room around 6 to 13 degrees

so the fridge is happy and the the cooling will not happen very often
warm the room to around 15 or 16 degrees and see what happens

Temp in the room is immaterial, fridge is insulated from exterior temp or would not work as a refridgerator. The internal stat may have failed.

if the room temperature is between o and 6 the fridge will be happy and never need cooling possibly for months on end :D ;)
insulating simply reduces the speed that heat transfers

Sponsored Links
if the room temperature is between o and 6 the fridge will be happy and never need cooling possibly for months on end :D ;)
insulating simply reduces the speed that heat transfers
FREEZER
all depend on how its set up its a fridge freezer that may only have one compressor hence the suggestion to warm the room to see what happens ;)

Makes no difference. Will run in a freezing garage or outside in the sun.

if the thermostat that controls the compressor is in the fridge i will only work when the fridge needs cooling

Thanks for comments
The ambient room temp is about 14C and no different to before. The fridge/freezer mechanism seem OK and it works for an an hour or so each time I re-boot. Then it just stops - the light are still on and there is no alarm, just no heat exchange and the both fridge and freezer warm up
Presume it is a thermostat problem. Is that easy to fix/replace?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back