Samsung Cooltech Dynamic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may just be a general fridge/freezer question.

At the weekend my fridge/freezer stopped cooling. Just trying to find out what was wrong I switched the appliance off at the socket. I heard something click so switched on again. The motor started running again and cooling began once more. This has now happened two or three times since and I have to keep an ear open to hear if the motor has stopped but, obviously, I can't do that overnight. I'm thinking of putting a timer on the plug just so I can switch it off and on again in a controlled way. :LOL:

Could there be a starter motor which is sticking when the thermostat wants to turn the freezer on again? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Have you COMPLETELY defrosted recently, that would be my first suggestion to try.

I don't think it has EVER been defrosted but this is a good time to do it. It is frost-free. Does that make a difference

oh yes, frost free means frost dont get on the food .its covered up at the back defrost every 6 months.that means off for 24 hrs .

Sponsored Links
I've tried the de-frosting and using a timer to be able to control the switching on and off but neither solutions have worked. Any other suggestions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back