Samsung laptop will not recognise printer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My partner's Samsung R530 laptop(os Win7) recently had a virus which has been removed after a reinstall via the recovery partition. Following this the laptop will not now work with the HP1022 ptr (which it did prior to the reinstall). I use the term "not now work" because a) plugging in the ptr results in an entry in the Printers & Faxes list of "Unspecified" and "HP1022". When we run the compressed driver install utility (d/loaded to desktop from HP site) it reaches "Connect the ptr via USB cable...etc" and then a dialog "Waiting for cust to connect ptr...etc" and then proceeds no further. Only option is to cancel Connect dialog which halts driver install. The ptr is working (works on my Fujitsu laptop without a problem). Oddly enough, the ptr has also stopped working with my desktop (os XP/SP2) although the issue reported is a spooler issue, and the ptr has disappeared from the list in dev mgr.

I've tried switching off Kaspersky (KIS 2011) but nogo, and it's now doing my head in. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Completely remove the printer (uninstall). Then try to reinstall the correct drivers. You may have the wrong drivers from the site?

Uninstall from where? Win7 doesn't seem to follow any h/w install/deinstall conventions - it all seems to be completely dumbed down to the LCD (I am an ex DOS user!) - if we connect the ptr it appears in Printers/Faxes as an unspecified device - if we run the driver it cannot see the ptr - the driver is the correct drvr as far as the hp site is concerned - if this is progress give me PC-DOS anytime!

Sponsored Links
Try this:
(i googled and not tested myself)

Restart the computer as the Administrator
Now go to the Start menu
Type the MMC in the Search
This will open the Microsoft Management Console shortcut on the start menu
Select the Add/Remove from the file menu
Scroll down to the "Print Management"
Select the driver from the lost and select the "Remove Driver Package".
After that restart your PC and its done

Back