Samsung N130 or Tablet for movies on holiday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the N130 which I don't use as a main machine. Would like to have something to take on holiday to : (1) View movies etc which I've copied to USB stick from DVD to play on the machine or maybe on the hotel bedroom TV. I've tried VLC for this , and a bit jumpy !
(2)Use the local Wi-fi to keep up to date with my emails.

Is it worth upgrading the Samsung for my needs or should I join the Tablet Brigade and, if so, which one (have resisted this up to now !)

Sponsored Links
It's probably "jumpy" because it's trying to stream off the usb stick.

Trying copying said file/s to hard drive and save yourself some money !!

As ever it depends on what you want from a tablet,I have a Kindle Fire Hd,copied some films to it to watch on the Journey to Cape Verdi last year,no in flight entertainment on the flight.I also put films on it to watch through the TV using a micro to HDMI cable,no need for DVD's any more.Used whilst in the states for e-mails using wi-fi.

That sounds the business enyam, in the event that I come across a TV in an hotel do I take it it will play the copied films through it.
edit : sorry, you've already answered my question. Will have a good look at that machine.

Sponsored Links
Might sound a little basic but can I ask how many (say) 2 hr films you can load for future playback

Not sure to be honest,most (cough,cough) copied films are around the 1 to 2 gb size so the 16 gb version would hold up to 8 but with other stuff on there the storage is usually around the 12 gb leaving I guess enough room for 6.But if you are into knowing what to look for,download as MP4's and they are more compressed and a neat player such as MX player will play them with no problem.

Just to say if you want to go down the road of having the option to play back through a TV with the micro HDMI,go for the KIndle fire HD,not the new Kindle Fire HDX this doesn't have the option.
There are a wide selection of tablets around so have a good look.

OK have gone for a HUDL. This has almost exactly what I was after:
16MB (up to 48 with SD card)
HDMI out-put for TV play
Many other bits and pieces which I don't need (yet)
Feels nice and solid and works great on my Wi-fi
Would welcome any advice from those that have gone on before me !
edit : have copied Face book clips (mp4) to a micro SD, great results. Will use Handbrake for any future tweakings prior to installing films etc.

Sponsored Links
Back