Samsung RS21 not getting cold after storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've had a Samsung RS21 in storage for a couple years. Plugged it in, everything fired up ok but both freezer and fridge not getting cold at all. I looked at error codes and it gave a defrost sensor error so I replaced the sensor. It now has a refrigerator fan error - this is fine as I can check and replace parts on the fridge side as this is a well known problem.

The real problem is the freezer not working at all. The compressor is hot and vibrating and the compressor fan is running.

Could the fridge side affect the freezer side i.e. should I proceed and fix the fridge side? Does this point to a wider problem with the unit and the coolant system? Anything else I should check?

Thanks, Chris

Sponsored Links
how long, after moving it, did you leave it standing upright before plugging it in?

Thanks for the reply John.

Its been sat in the hallway for 6 months (waiting for me to finish the kitchen). It was stored and moved upright.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back