samsung rsa1wtmh query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi not sure if this is entirely appropriate as it is not a problem as such. We had a new samsung rsa1wtmh side by side fridges freezer installed two weeks ago and it did not work properly, it would only cool to 10 deg. c. even thought it was displaying it as being 1 deg. c.

Now having Curry's swap the appliance for a new one, all our food is in cool bags. Currys said we had to wait 12-24 hours before plugging it in to ensure the compressor oil settled. Trouble is, the cool bags are only going to work 8 hours which would mean we would have to plug the fridge in after 6hrs from delivery. Would this be long enough?

The freezer was standing upright in the lorry during transit to out house, and was only laid back for about 30 secs to fit through the door.

Sponsored Links
although it's standing up, the motion of the lorry could splosh it about in the fridge, and also the delivery men tip it up to carry it.
When I had the same trouble I asked neigbours to take in my groceries.. and ate what was left.

Yeah, I'm going to leave it for the 12 hrs. Both neighbours have already got our freezer stuff :LOL:. Mangaged to get an 'ice block rotation' system working (extremely technical stuff :D ) which is keeping the cool bags at 9 deg. c. which is not too bad, no raw meat etc.

I'm goin to get up at 4am and switch it on so it is ready for us asap.

Hope this is more reliable than the original Curry's sent as the technician who visited it said it need a new evaporator assembly cover, new fan assembly, new defrost sensor and new air quality sensor which i found hard to belive since the fridge was only 1 week old, so finally managed to get Curry's to get Samsung to write it off and send a new one :)

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Really at a loss with this situation now. Got the replacement fridge and let is stand for 13.5 hrs before plugging it in, it had exactly the same problem as the original, freezer perfect, fridge displaying as 1deg c. but is actually at 11 deg. c.

Curry's delivered a third fridge yesterday saying it must have been a faulty batch. Guess what, this fridge stood for the 12 hrs, plugged it in and immediately the freezer was at room temp (21 deg c.) and the fridge was at 11 deg. c. :eek:

The temperatures have now settled with the compressor turning off when it is displaying -22 and 1 deg c. Actual temperatures -22 and 11.

This ten degrees difference keeps popping up. I am convinced it is not another faulty unit as surely 3 in a row cannot be defective and i am now wondering if there is something we haven't done correctly, can anyone help before I have to phone Samsung :eek:

Thanks again.

I think I'd be asking for my money back under the sale of goods act. It's obviously not fit for the purpose it was bought for. ;) ;)

Indeed that was the experience we had, it needs this, this, this and this.... Extremely unlikely and alarming for a new appliance!

In the end, they gave in and gave us the 'model up' for the same price, and lo and behold, no issues!

Steer clear of a company called agsrefrigeration, they have some very shady practices.

For example, I wouldn't trust anyone who made multiple posts on DIY and consumer websites, using numerous false names, dishonestly pretending to be satisfied customers.

Would you?

Do your own search on agsrefrigeration and make up your own mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back