Samsung Smart TV

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Anyone using a USB hard drive as a programme recorder on one?

Sponsored Links
Yes

Just make sure you 'format' the drive through the samsung menu after you first attach it in order to activate the USB record ability of the TV.

oh, it works, but suddenly, although it would record both TV and radio programs, it was unable to open and playback any radio progs.

I wasted a long time with Samsung customer support, including remote access and screenshots to take to their tech spec, who passed back the message that my hard drive must be failing and I should buy a hard PVR instead. Load of cobblers, because all the TV progs still work, and the "info" on the radio progs shows their title, run time, date etc.

Sponsored Links
Samsung 'smart' TV's do seem a bit odd.

I've found problems streaming certain types of files whilst they play ok from a USB stick or Hard Drive and vice versa.

Sometimes after I had played a certain type file (MP4) via USB it then suddenly worked streaming!

So it might be worth transferring the file to a USB stick and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back