Samsung Washing Machine Code 5E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

We've got a Samsung washer (P1253 I think) which stops part way and shows a code 5E (blocked drain).

I've tried researching this all over but it always seems to come up with the same answer!

It hasn't got a blocked anything!! I've had the whole drain route in bits. It's all clean, it's all clear and it's had a new pump. It still won't empty!

Can it be that it's just the electronics gone west? All input gratefully received and by the way, if you're going to mention water frequency, please explain - don't just quote figures. I'm a generator engineer and I have no idea how the hell water has frequency!!

Thankyou!

Sponsored Links
Try the following....disconnect the pump leads & hang a multimeter on them. Set the machine to a pump cycle & see if you have 230v. If you don't then either pcb is history or there is a break in the wiring someplace. If you do have voltage then you ought to be able to observe the pump impellor running with the filter removed. If the impellor runs then you missed something...or there is a blockage in the sump hose (a rogue sock or similar). BTW the only person to mention "water frequency" was you.....

Thank you very much. I'd considered that previously but must admit I skipped it through sheer laziness - it's not the easiest access with the m/c in a working position - but we'll bung some leads on and see what happens.

As I said, it's definitely not blocked, I've had everything off from the tub to the trap and there's nothing in there anywhere. I was just a bit surprised that I couldn't find a single mention of anything but blockage.

Except this; http://www.keepingupappliances.com/...ine-help/samsung-washing-machine-error-codes/

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back