Samsung washing machine P1253

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,
My Samsung washing machine P1253 goes thought the following steps When I select the quick wash program:-
• The timer display 35 minutes
• Water start filling the machine
• The machines spines anti clock wise for a few second then stops for at approx 10 minutes

I initial thought the motor brushes, when I checked the still have a good length I them. In fact they are as good as the new spare ones I have.
No error code has shown yet.
Any idea it is behaving like this

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a fault in the motor circuit...but not on the motor itself.
If it was a motor fault you ought to have seen an "EA" or "EB" error code in the display.
From your description & the lack of a valid error code I would suspect the motor reversing relay on the pcb is faulty.
This usually means a new pcb...if you can get hold of one :(

Zipper,
Many thanks for your reply. It run for more then 3 hours doing just that (rotate anti clock wise for few seconds then stops for 10 minutes). But it is now stopped completely displaying 3E error.

3E can signal a motor error.
Check the tacho on the end of the motor for an open circuit, short, or loose/damaged shaft magnet. Then check the motor plug connection.
If those check out the chances are the motor is ok & the problem is the pcb (shorted motor triac or blown relay).

Sponsored Links
I took the motor off and had a good look at it. I also checked all the wires connection surrounding the motor and did not spot any damage or loss connection. I think the PCB is playing up. However, I checked it visually and could not see any burring mark or sing of overheating or something has blown. But it is an electronic broad and visual checks are not conclusive.
I am looking for a PCB, many thanks for taking the time to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back